ЦВМ Instagram ЦВМ Вконтакте История русского флота

The Cruiser "Mikhail Kutuzov"

The Cruiser "Mikhail Kutuzov" was the twelfth ship of the project 68 bis. Founded in February 1951 at the Nikolayev shipyard and launched on 9 August 1954. After passing a series of tests the ship was put into the Black Sea Fleet. Area of ​​responsibility have become the Mediterranean and the Black Sea, as well as the Central Atlantic, where "Mikhail Kutuzov" carried the service until the decommissioning of 1998. At this point, the ship passed 211,900 miles and visited the ports of Yugoslavia, Albania, Syria, Egypt, Tunisia, Algeria

Officially, "Mikhail Kutuzov" participated in two armed conflicts in the Arab-Israeli war, in 1967 and 1973. Both times it was in the port of Alexandria as a command post of chief military adviser to the Soviet Union in Egypt.


HISTORICAL INFORMATION

22.02.1950 - Open an order to build a light cruiser serial construction project 68-bis in the shipyard number 444 in Nikolaev city

09.11.1950  - The light cruiser of the project 68-bis given the name "Mikhail Kutuzov"

29.11.1951 -  The ship afloat

20.04 - 16.08.1954 - The ship passes mooring trials

31.01.1955 - The light cruiser "Mikhail Kutuzov" enlisted in the Black Sea Fleet

05.11.1957 -  Order of the Minister of Defense of the USSR cruiser was awarded the title "Great Ship" - the first of the ships of the Soviet Navy

30.07 - 02.12.1957 - Implementation of combat training in the Mediterranean Sea, the Atlantic Ocean and the Baltic Sea

1958 - 1961, the - Combat service in the Mediterranean Sea

1962 - Implementation of combat training in the Black Sea Fleet

17.06.1964 - 22.02.1965 - Combat service in the Mediterranean

1965-1966 - Implementation of combat training in the Black Sea Fleet

10.01 - 29.05.1967 - Combat service in the Mediterranean

1967-1970  - Implementation of combat training in the Black Sea Fleet

10.04 - 29.09.1970 - Combat service in the Mediterranean Sea, the Atlantic Ocean, participate in the military training exercise "Ocean" of the Soviet Navy 

1971-1972  - Implementation of combat training in the Black Sea Fleet

10.04 - 25.12.1973 - Combat service in the Mediterranean

1974-1976  - Implementation of combat training in the Black Sea Fleet

06.07 - 15.11.1977 - Combat service in the Mediterranean

1978 - Execution of combat training in the Black Sea Fleet

01.04.1979 - 30.04.1986 - The Cruiser in the average repair

05.08.1986 - The cruiser joined the Standby Force 1st line

7.11.1986 - The cruiser got ship pendant "for military valor" from the Minister of Defense of the USSR 

01.12.1986 - The ship is put into conservation

01.01.1996 - The ship is included in the Navy as a military property of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation

25.08. 2001 -  The cruiser joined the Novorossiisk naval base. Parking space of the cruiser became berth number 33 Novorossiysk Commercial Sea Port (ship terminal)

October 2003 - on board the cruiser formed a branch of the  Black Sea Fleet Museum 

01.10.2012 - The cruiser "Mikhail Kutuzov" became part of the Central Naval Museum as an branch. The ship of military glory "Mikhail Kutuzov" stationed in the port of Novorossiysk


Address:

353900, Russian Federation, Krasnodar region, Novorossiysk

Novorossiyskoy respubliki street, 2A

E-mail: navalmuseum_dm@mil.ru

Director of the branch - Sergey Nazarov